Development of Cantilever Impulse Heat Sealer
In order to reduce the shipping costs of down-filled jackets, a client in the apparel industry came to us for ideas and a solution. We learned from the client that they needed a packaging solution that could package more jackets in the same size carton then they were currently using. In order to remove the air in the packaging bag, we developed a cantilever impulse heat sealer that had a 36" veltrod cantilever with an extra large Bag-Master high-speed blower-type bag opener attached. This heat sealer was composed of 15" to 50" sealer bars, a pneumatic platen, and impulse heat controls. The machine also featured adjustable temperature controls, cool times, vacuum, and gas multi-functions. Using poly, barrier films and this heat sealer, the client was able to meet their goal of reduced shipping costs.
To learn more about the development of this cantilever impulse heat sealer project, please see the table below or contact us for additional details.
Development of Cantilever Impulse Heat Sealer Project Highlights:
- We developed a packaging solution to reduce shipping costs for down filled jackets. In order to do this we created a custom heat sealer, with pneumatic platen.
|Product Development Capabilities Applied/Processes|
- Developed a Veltrod Cantilever 36" w/ an Extra Large Bag Master
- Removed Air In the Bag to Reduce Volume and Allow More Product into the Same Size Carton
|Components of Heat Sealer|
- Pneumatic platen
- Impulse Heat
- Support Trays
- Bi-Active Seals
- Pneumatic and Manual Operation
- NEMA 4 Enclosure
- Dual Elements
- Sealer Bars from 15" to 50"
- Adjustable Temperature Controls, Cool Times, Vacuum, and Gas Multi-Functions
- Reduced Shipping Costs
- Packaged More Product In Same Size Carton
- Sealer Used on Poly, Barrier Films
|In process testing/inspection performed|
- Verification and Electrical Field Evaluation to CSA Standards done
|Industry for Use|
- Clean Room
- Food Processing
- Customer supplied specifications
- Heat Sealer
- Vacuum/Gas Sealer
- Impulse Heat Sealers
- Continuous Band Sealers
^ Back to top